Summer Internship Program
Thursday, November 2nd, 2017 - 5:00 - 7:00 pm
Our College Night event provides the opportunity for college Juniors and Seniors to learn more about our summer internship program and Michigan Financial Companies. Students will meet the advisors they may be working closely with during the summer while visiting our Southfield office. It is a fun and interactive evening that allows us to get to know potential interns while they get to know us.
The Internship program is designed to help college students gain real-world experience in the financial services industry while beginning their career and starting their very own client base prior to graduation. They will end their summer with their first license under their belt, knowledge gained from working closely with an experienced advisor, and the beginnings of their own practice. We provide college students with hands-on experience in the financial services industry.
Commit yourself to a productive summer and head back to school with a jump start on your career.
Intern Program Overview
- 8 week program
- Week 1: Training
- Weeks 2-7: Work one-on-one with your paired advisor
- Life, Accident & Health License obtained prior to starting the internship
- Hands-on training with our Training & Development Department
- Work closely with a financial advisor on our team doing joint work and learning the "ins and outs" of the industry
- Possibility for full-time position following graduation
- Start building your own client base
- $1,000 stipend
- Cost of LAH exam and study materials
- Commission earned from joint cases
Why Advisors Join Our Firm - Outline of the advantages advisors enjoy by joining Michigan Financial Companies.
Advisor Success Story - A Question and Answer Session with one of our new advisors discussing why he chose financial advising and how he has been able to find success.
For more information or questions about joining our team, please contact: