Social Security can be far more complicated than people realize. The decisions your clients make now can have a tremendous impact on the total amount of benefits they receive over their lifetime.
This one-hour workshop will acquaint CPAs and attorneys with rules and strategies for claiming Social Security benefits. An emphasis will be placed on coordinating the various types of benefits (retirement, spousal, and survivor) in order to potentially increase benefits over a client’s lifetime.
- How Social Security benefits are calculated
- Factors clients need to consider when deciding when to apply for benefits
- Illustrations of lifetime income streams based on claiming ages and breakeven analyses
- Innovative spousal claiming strategies designed to give clients extra income
- How widows and widowers can coordinate survivor benefits with their own retirement benefit to potentially increase income
- Ways to reduce taxes on Social Security benefits
- How to coordinate Social Security with other sources of retirement income
Presented by: Gary W. Nustad, CLF
To register for an upcoming webinar session and receive your link to join, visit:
Date and Time
Tue, Jul 28, 2020
9:30a - 10:30a EST