Summer Internship Program
The Michigan Financial Companies Internship program is designed to help college students gain real-world experience in the financial services industry while beginning their career and starting their very own client base prior to graduation. They can end their summer with their first license under their belt, knowledge gained from working closely with an experienced advisor, and the beginnings of their own practice. We provide college students with hands-on experience in the financial services industry.
Commit yourself to a productive summer and head back to school with a jump start on your career.
Intern Program Overview
- 8 week program
- Week 1: Training
- Weeks 2-7: Work one-on-one with your paired advisor
- Life, Accident & Health License obtained prior to starting the internship
- Hands-on training with our Training & Development Department
- Work closely with a financial advisor on our team doing joint work and learning the "ins and outs" of the industry
- Possibility for full-time position following graduation
- Start building your own client base
- $1,000 stipend
- $50 bonus for each life insurance policy written with premium (up to 20 policies)
- Life, accident and health online study course and materials + cost of the exam ($200 value)
- Additional commission earned through 50/50 split with mentor advisor on Joint Work cases (specific examples available upon request)
Why Advisors Join Our Firm - Outline of the advantages advisors enjoy by joining Michigan Financial Companies.
Advisor Success Story - A Question and Answer Session with one of our new advisors discussing why he chose financial advising and how he has been able to find success.
We are strongly committed to diversity and equal opportunity.
For more information or questions about joining our team, please contact: