Gary Nustad is a Vice President with Michigan Financial Companies, a financial services firm focusing on estate planning strategies, wealth accumulation, business planning and executive benefits for both publicly- and privately-held companies.
Gary has achieved national recognition for his ability to lead and grow complex organizations. Having begun his career 28 years ago with Franklin Life, he was awarded Great Lakes District Manager of the Year in 1986, 1988 and 1990.* He was appointed Managing Director of The MONY Group (Mutual of New York) in 1998, responsible for offices in Michigan, Ohio and Indiana. During his tenure, his organization experienced a 63% growth in revenue.
Gary specializes in estate and business planning strategies, with specific focus on creating trusted alliances with CPA Firms, Law Firms, Independent Property Casualty Agencies, Community Banks and Group Benefit Firms. His expertise in family-owned business succession planning is invaluable. Gary has spoken nationally on various aspects of personal growth, leadership skills and organizational growth models.
- University of Detroit, 1975
- Bachelor of Arts
Professional Designations & Certifications
- Life & Health licenses
- Series 6, 63, 7, 65 & 24 registrations
- Chartered Leadership Fellow (CLF)
Awards & Achievements
- Million Dollar Roundtable Qualifying Member, 1998-2003**
- Lifetime Member (Personal & Agency) Franklin Life Million Dollar Conference*
- Great Lakes Region (Franklin Life) District Manager of the Year- 1986, 1988 & 1990*
- 1980 Michigan High School Athletic Association Coach of the Year (Detroit Free Press/Detroit News)- Clarkston, MI
Memberships & Affiliations
- GAMA International
- Society of Financial Service
- The Christopher Reeve Foundation
- National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
- Michigan Association of Police Child ID Program
Gary currently resides in Auburn Hills.
*Third-party rankings and recognitions are no guarantee of future investment success and do not ensure that a client or prospective client will experience a higher level of performance or results. These ratings should not be construed as an endorsement of the advisor by any client nor are they representative of any one client’s evaluation.
**Qualifying membership in the Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT) is based on minimum sales production requirements and gross business generated within a year.