Jim Hern is a Vice President of Michigan Financial Companies, a financial services firm focusing on estate planning strategies, wealth accumulation, business planning and executive benefits for both publicly- and privately-held companies.
He brings over 20 years of financial, managerial and leadership experience to the firm. Jim prides himself on putting his client’s needs first, managing their portfolios using strategic and tactical asset allocation strategies that best suit their needs and objectives.
Jim provides his clients with a comprehensive financial analysis to address every aspect of their financial future; preparing for retirement and beyond. His services include income planning for retirement, tax reduction strategies, investment analysis, education funding strategies, charitable giving strategies and more.
- Michigan State University - Bachelor of Arts
- Wayne State University - Masters of Business Administration
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary (AIF®)
- Retirement Income Certified Professional (RICP)
- Series 7, 63, 66
- Property, Casualty, Life & Health insurance licenses
- Completed first two levels of CFA
Memberships & Affiliations
- Troy Baseball Boosters
- Troy Community Coalition
- Past Adjunct lecturer in Finance/Investments at Eastern Michigan University (2008-2009)