Nick Valenti has been very successful and has won numerous industry awards. He has a unique perspective in the financial services arena with experience in insurance and in banking. He is now President of Michigan Financial Companies. His organization has expanded and is now located in 5 states with 10+ plus locations. The firm provides wealth protection, transfer and accumulation products and services, as well as financial and business succession planning for clients.
Nick is a 40-year veteran of the insurance and financial services industry. He has been a leader within the industry as past President of the Southeast Michigan General Agents and Manager Association, and past President of the Greater Detroit Association of Life Underwriters.
Education & Certifications
- Michigan State University – BA – Marketing
- Chartered Financial Consultant - ChFC
- Chartered Life Underwriter - CLU®
- Certified Financial Planner - CFP®
- FINRA – Series 7 and 24 registration
- Life, Health & Variable insurance licenses
Awards & Achievements
- 2007-2013 Top 5 Company for Detroit Free Press Top Work Places*
- 2012-2013 Top Best & Brightest Company Nationally*
- 2005 Ernst & Young “Entrepreneur of the Year” finalist*
- Million Dollar Roundtable life & qualifying member**
- GAMA: Master Agency Award 1996 & 2008-2013 (Top 200 Financial Services Firms in US)*
- 18 time recipient of National Management Award from GAMA International*
- Recipient of E.H. “Bill” Meyers, Jr. Memorial Award for outstanding service in the industry, 2000*
- 2012 Society for Financial Planners Huebner Award for contributions to the industry*
- 2012 & 2013 Nominated for induction into the GAMA Hall of Fame*
- Phoenix – 2001 President’s Award*
- Prudential President’s Trophy*
- 1971 Big 10 Championship Team - Baseball
- President, Financial and Estate Planning Council of Southeast Michigan, 2003
- President, Detroit Chapter, Financial Services Professionals, 2003
- President, Greater Detroit Association of Life Underwriters, 1993
- President, Southeast Michigan General Agents and Managers Association, 1986
- President, Greater Detroit General Agents and Managers Association, 1985
*Third-party rankings and recognitions are no guarantee of future investment success and do not ensure that a client or prospective client will experience a higher level of performance or results. These ratings should not be construed as an endorsement of the advisor by any client nor are they representative of any one client’s evaluation.
**Qualifying membership in the MDRT is based on minimum commission and gross business generated within a year. Each MDRT status designation is granted for one year only until lifetime membership is achieved after 10 years; otherwise, all members must apply every year to continue their affiliation with the Million Dollar Round Table.